Feeling lethargic or sluggish recently?
The All About the Roots Cleanse Recipe is all you need!
With just 3 ingredients, it’s most likely one of the best minimalistic recipes out there as it can yield tremendous results in the long run. The fame and power of this recipe lies in its function as diuretics – the use of any substance that stimulates the liver and increases the production of urine.
Beetroot is one such vegetable that helps in cleansing our liver, flushing the toxins out of our system in a healthy way. Meanwhile, the carrots in this recipe assist the beets to reduce the natural water retention of our body, helping in eliminating any excess fluids.
The combination of these two ingredients, along with the support of sweet potato which is known to improve overall gut health, creates a magical and powerful detox elixir. So much for the power of root vegetables, right?
So, when you’re feeling lethargic or sluggish, this is the juice that can help you feel lighter in a snap!
All About the Roots Cleanse
- 1 ea sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 ea beetroot peeled and chopped
- 3 cups carrots equivalent to 6 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- Wash and clean the vegetables in running water before peeling and slicing them into smaller pieces.
- Process all the ingredients in the juicer, a few at a time, until the mixture is homogenous.
- Serve it in a glass with ice and enjoy!
- Pressed juices are best enjoyed cold or chilled. Thus, you may do this ahead of time, keep them in a glass container or jar with a tight-fitting lid, and store it in the fridge, where it can last for up to 3 days. Otherwise, you can pour it over a glass filled with ice and drink immediately.
- While it’s okay to juice beets with their skin on, especially since most high-powered juicers can process them, it can give a dirt-like, earthy taste that’s quite unpalatable. Especially, if you’re starting out on a juice diet. Beets are hard to manually peel though, but it’s totally worth the taste when they’re processed skin-off.
- This recipe calls for a juicer. But, if you don’t have one, you may use the blender instead. All you’ve got to do is chop the ingredients smaller and pulse them in the blender. However, you will probably want to strain the mixture before drinking to make the texture smoother and more pleasant. Here is a video showing you how to strain the blend. You will need a strainer like this one and a mesh bag like this one.
Did you try this recipe? Share with us your thoughts in the comment section down below!