Baked Chicken Shawarma with Sweet Potato Fries Bowl
Middle East meets West. Easy meal prep meal. Freeze chicken. Keep yogurt and toppings in fridge. Gluten-free, Nut-free, Keto, Paleo, and Whole30.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 ⅓ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size chunks
- ⅔ tablespoon honey
- 1 ⅓ teaspoons paprika
- 1 ⅓ teaspoons cumin
- 1 ⅓ teaspoons kosher salt and pepper
- 1 juice of 2 lemons
- 2 ⅔ cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes warning: can be spicy!
- 3 ⅓ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ⅓ sweet potatoes cut into matchsticks
- ⅔ bunch asparagus ends trimmed
- 2 ⅔ cups cooked couscous or quinoa low-carb substitute = cauliflower rice
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives and oil packed sun-dried tomatoes oil drained
Recommended Toppings (choose some or all, per serving)
- 1 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup shredded lettuce
- ⅓ avocado
- ¼ cucumber sliced
- 1 tbsp pickled red onions
- 1 tbsp pine nuts or pumpkin seeds
- 1 lemon slice
- 1 tbsp cilantro
Garlic Tahini Yogurt
- ⅔ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 ⅓ tablespoons tahini
- ⅔ -1⅓ cloves garlic minced or grated
- In 1 gallon size zip-lock bag, combine: chicken, honey, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss to combine. Seal and chill for 30 minutes; ideally for 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes on large baking sheet. Drizzle on olive oil and add salt and pepper.Bake 15-20 minutes, then flip and bake for 15-20 minutes more.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle on olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the marinated chicken on a large baking sheet and spread in an even layer. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Garlic Tahini Yogurt
- Before serving, warm each bowl if desired and top with garlic yogurt (see below) and your desired toppings.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Keep stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Meal Prepping: Cooked food refrigerates or freezes well, depending on desired duration until you plan to eat them. Yogurt does not freeze well, so plan accordingly. Add yogurt after re-heating.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Calories: 866kcal | Carbohydrates: 114g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 1196mg | Potassium: 1139mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 11126IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 3mg