Oh, you’re gonna love this carrot and Strawberry Smoothie Recipe!
For weight loss management, we mostly see a blend of fruits and vegetables in juices. One reason for this is because most vegetables are hard enough to make the blades of the blender cry for help. Another reason is that they’re so fibrous that they become unpalatable or indigestible when blended and unstrained. However, that’s not the case for carrots.
Carrots are blender-friendly, especially when they’re mixed with some liquids – even a thick one like Greek yogurt. They’re particularly an excellent source of beta carotene, fiber, potassium, vitamin K1, and antioxidants that all help in lowering down the cholesterol levels and therefore making them a great choice for weight loss. Not to mention that it’s good for our skin and eyes too!
Likewise, strawberries and apples also protect our heart by increasing the HDL or “good” cholesterol while lowering down our LDL or “bad cholesterol” and blood pressure, therefore helping us lose unwanted fats while protecting us from cancer and other chronic diseases. They’re also free from sodium, fat, and cholesterol, making it a low-calorie and healthy choice. Speaking of healthy choice, these two fruits are also loaded with vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants that reduce inflammation and improves digestion. And just like carrots, they’re good for the skin and eyes as well.
Combine these 3 healthy ingredients with some flax seeds and protein powder, and you’ve got a wonderful source of fiber and protein in 10 minutes or less. What’s more? The addition of Greek yogurt adds a creamy texture to this recipe!
So, without further ado, here’s a healthy weight loss recipe that you and your family will surely love.
Carrot and Strawberry Smoothie [Protein Shake Recipe for Weight Loss]
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup carrot cubes
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh apple cubed
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 2 scoops strawberry protein powder
- Fresh strawberry slices for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and swirl the mixture just until the protein powder is covered in liquid so that it won’t be flying everywhere.
- Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and garnish with fresh strawberry slices.
- Serve and enjoy!
- For the vegan/vegetarian version, replace protein powder with a vegan one and replace the Greek yogurt with an equal amount of unsweetened almond milk.
Love this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below! Talk to you soon!