Indeed, any vegetable salad can be a great candidate for weight loss, detox, and clean eating. However, this Detox Cleanse Salad Recipe is something unique and more nutritious. What’s the secret ingredient?
It’s celeriac! This root vegetable is, indeed, a nutritional powerhouse. It’s loaded with fiber, antioxidants, vitamins A, B6, C, and K, as well as minerals such as potassium, manganese, and phosphorus.
Combine that with other vegetables along with healthy fats from avocados, nuts, and seeds, and you’ll have an all-natural keto meal that’s loaded with so much good stuff! And, one thing that I like about this recipe is that I can substitute the green cabbages with the red ones!
Although both cabbages contain antioxidants, beta-carotene, and lutein, red cabbage has 10 times more vitamin A than its green counterpart. So, without further ado, here’s a low-sodium, keto, clean, weight-loss-friendly, gluten-free, detox, and yummy recipe that y’all will love.
Detox Cleanse Salad
- 2 medium carrots peeled, roughly chopped
- 6 ounces celeriac peeled, roughly chopped
- 9 ounces cabbage roughly chopped
- 1 piece apple cored, peeled, and julienned
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium avocado halved, pitted, and julienned
- Using the grater attachment of your food processor, process the first three ingredients, one at a time. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl and add the apples, almonds, and seeds.
- Next, add the lemon juice, EVOO, and honey. Toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve each salad with a spoonful-worth of julienned avocado on side.
- Alternatively, you may use a regular grater to shred your vegetables and apples.
Love this recipe? Share with us your thoughts in the comments section below.