This Grapefruit Green Smoothie Recipe is something you don’t wanna miss trying and drinking.
Grapefruits are renowned in the world of weight loss. There’s no question how effective it is in curbing down our sweet cravings, increasing our metabolism, and suppressing our appetite. However, there’s a lot more to grapefruits that we probably don’t know about.
It’s loaded with powerful antioxidants and nutrients that make our bodies incredibly healthy. In fact, a medium-sized grapefruit provides 64% of the RDI for vitamin C and 28% for vitamin A, along with moderate amounts of potassium, thiamine, folate, magnesium, and so forth. Thus, it improves our immune system while fighting off the free radicals that cause chronic and life-threatening diseases, making it the perfect beverage to drink especially this time of the year.
With the addition of apples, spinach, ginger, and protein powder, this recipe has turned into a nutritional powerhouse, providing 27 grams of protein in each serving, along with excellent amounts of vitamins A and C, calcium, and potassium, among the others.
As far as texture, the unsweetened almond milk does the trick.
Let’s get onto it, shall we? Here’s the recipe that you and your family will surely enjoy.
Grapefruit Green Smoothie [Protein Shake Recipe for Weight Loss]
- 1 ea medium grapefruit washed, peeled, seeds removed, reserve juice
- 1 ea large sweet apple cored, skin removed, preferably honey crisp
- 2 cups spinach
- 6 ea ice cubes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger peeled, chopped
- 2 scoops whey protein powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender, including both the grapefruit and its juice.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve and enjoy!
- If the mixture is too thick, add water to thin it out. Contrastingly, add more apples or protein powder to make it thicker.
- Be careful when adding more grapefruit juice as it can make this mixture extra sour and bitter.
- For the vegan/vegetarian version, replace protein powder with a vegan one. Or, add some raw hemp seeds for some additional protein.
Love this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below! Talk to you soon!