This healthy and delicious Green Tea Smoothie Recipe is all you need when you’re craving for green tea and berry yogurt ice cream. But, did you know that it also promotes weight loss?
Green tea is loaded with vitamins E and C that act as antioxidants, thereby preventing oxidative damage to your cells. This damage contributes to the development of chronic diseases such as cancer, which is one factor why you should consider this smoothie. I mean, who doesn’t like to prevent cancer anyway?
On top of that, green tea boosts your metabolism. It offers a healthy dose of caffeine without the unhealthy side effects associated with coffee – Another reason to incorporate this smoothie on your diet when you’re about to do HIIT, circuit, or heavy cardio workouts.
Can you imagine how yummy and fulfilling it is to consume an ice-cream like smoothie right before shedding some sweat? It’s a dream come true!
For only 55 calories, you’ll get 5 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber, along with some vitamins and minerals. I mean, you could even drink the entire recipe which yields 2 servings, and still be totally free of guilt!
So, without further ado, here’s the Green Tea Smoothie Recipe that y’all will surely love.
Green Tea Smoothie
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup raspberries fresh-frozen
- ½ cup strawberries fresh-frozen
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint-leaves reserve some for garnish
- Process all the ingredients in a blender until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Pour into a glass, garnish with some fresh mint leaves, serve, and enjoy!
- If the smoothie is too thick, add some more water to thin it out. Otherwise, you may thicken it up with some ice or Greek yogurt, especially when your fruits aren’t frozen.
Did you make this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below!