Craving a taste of Italy? This Italian Chicken Salad Recipe will definitely make your day! It’s highly nutritious, flavorful, and so easy to make. Not to mention that it’s a good liver detox recipe too! And perhaps, all the ingredients are already in your pantry – nothing fancy, just plain and simple ingredients.
Chicken is added in this recipe not only because of the high protein content and umami flavor it provides but also because it’s an excellent source of selenium. Selenium is a powerful mineral that helps boost metabolism, improve thyroid, and prevent any damages that are caused by oxidative stress– a great indication of a detox recipe! Even better, this recipe calls for boneless and skinless chicken breast as it’s lesser in cholesterol and saturated fat.
Nonetheless, veggies like cucumber, spinach, and carrots also add great amounts of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals, making this whole recipe a nutritional powerhouse. As a bonus, it only provides 9 grams of carbohydrates and 4 grams of sugar, making it perfect for those who are on a low-carb diet. It also provides 26 grams of protein, making it beneficial for those who are trying to lose weight, strength training, and improving their overall health. Happy Eating!
Italian Chicken Salad
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
For Salad Dressing:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt or fine sea salt
- 3-4 cups chopped romaine lettuce about 1 large head
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion sliced thin
- Combine all the chicken ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for at least half an hour or up to 6 hours.
- In a separate bowl, combine and whisk all the salad dressing ingredients. Set aside. Consequently, mix all the salad ingredients into another bowl and set aside.
- Heat a grill pan to medium-high heat and cook chicken for about 4-6 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Rest the chicken for 5 minutes, then slice them into bite-sized pieces.
- To assemble, drizzle dressing on salad and toss to combine. Then, place the cooked chicken on top of the salad and serve immediately.
- You can multiply the salad dressing recipe and make it ahead of time so you don’t have to do it every time you’re gonna make this salad recipe. You can store them in the refrigerator, where it would retain its freshness for 1 to 2 weeks.
Love this recipe? Share with us your thoughts in the comments section below.