It’s All Yellow! is an excellent smoothie recipe that’s shockingly low in calories. Although it doesn’t have added sugar, it’s unbelievably sweet! Thanks to the natural sweetness (fructose) of the banana and mangoes in this recipe.
But, that’s not the best part yet. Of course, we’ve gotta talk about how healthy this smoothie is, right?
Well, the addition of turmeric and Greek yogurt sealed the deal. Turmeric is known to have many benefits and a major one is its anti-inflammatory properties, which greatly help in reducing oxidative stress and regulating blood sugar levels, thereby preventing insulin resistance and reducing excessive fat deposition in the body. In the easiest words, turmeric will prevent excess body fat from clinging to your body.
Meanwhile, Greek yogurt is also noted for its numerous benefits, especially when it comes to weight loss. It increases your metabolism while filling you up with protein to recover quickly from worn-out muscles that you acquired during training or cardiovascular activities.
Protein also makes you feel fuller for a longer time. But, what I love about Greek yogurt is its richness in probiotic content. Not only do probiotic products are extremely yummy but they also work wonders in increasing the good bacteria in your gut flora, thereby strengthening and optimizing the functions of your digestive system and finally helping in weight loss.
It’s All Yellow! – Give it a Go!
It’s All Yellow!
- 2 cups Ataulfo or Champagne mangoes peeled and chopped
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- ½ piece banana sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh turmeric grated
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Process all the ingredients in a blender until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Pour into a glass, serve, and enjoy!
- For the vegan or Whole 30 version, replace Greek yogurt with an equal amount of unsweetened almond milk or coconut yogurt.
Did you make this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below!