This Lemon Parsley Grilled Zucchini Recipe is the ultimate favorite of vegans and vegetarians, especially those who were eating meat and animal products before.
Zucchini is not only healthy but it’s also noted to provide an umami flavor that we get from meat, especially when it’s grilled, smoked, or roasted. So yummy! But, we made this recipe even better by marinating it with some lemon and parsley for added tang and earthy flavor, and some juiciness. Not to mention that it boosts its weight loss and detoxing properties with those too!
And, this recipe is only 54 calories. Clearly, you can eat the whole recipe which yields 4 servings, and still not feel guilty about it. Nonetheless, feel free to consume this as a healthy side dish, an appetizer, or a midnight snack. Happy Eating!
Lemon Parsley Grilled Zucchini
- 1 pound zucchini washed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients in a non-reactive shallow dish or ziplock bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Grill the zucchini slices in a single layer for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe makes a great side dish or accompaniment to lean animal proteins.
If you’re vegetarian or vegan, it also makes the perfect source of umami or meaty flavor, without actual meat.
- The use of a non-reactive container is also important as the marinade is quite acidic. Otherwise, your dish may taste metallic.
Love this recipe? Share with us your thoughts in the comments section below.