Mediterranean Pork Tenderloin with Couscous
I love pork tenderloin. Apparently, the world loves it too since It's found in most cuisines. In the Mediterranean, pair with a couscous salad for a meal that will not disappoint. In addition to being special, it’s super easy.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice you can make your own with 1/2 cinnamon, 1/4 cloves, and 1/4 nutmeg.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large pork tenderloin about 1 1/4 pounds, trimmed
- salt and pepper ideally, Kosher, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup couscous sub cauliflower couscous for low-carb or paleo meals
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 cucumbers halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped, can sub with parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Pierce the pork all over with a fork.
- Rub meat with the allspice, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook, turning, until browned all over, about 5 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven. Cook until a thermometer inserted into the center of the pork registers 145 degrees F, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook couscous in rice cooker or instant pot, following machine's directions. Or, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the couscous and cook, stirring, until toasted, 5 minutes. Add 1 3/4 cups water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low; cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Once cool. mix in the feta, cucumbers, herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; toss.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- This meal freezes and reheats well.
Calories: 848kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 102g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 303mg | Sodium: 351mg | Potassium: 2080mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 374IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 6mg