The Non-Spicy Kid-Friendly Salsa Recipe is not just for chips dip. You can jazz up fish fillet, chicken fingers, and more with this salsa.
It’s every parent’s wish to see their child eat truly healthy food. Thus, it’s a noble desire and endeavor to research healthy recipes and extensively prepare them. However, most of them do take time.
We wish we can add more hours to our days to do all this but this may not be just feasible for a lot of people. Some just throw in the towel and buy whatever’s there, which may be full of harmful chemical preservatives and other junk.
Actually, if we try to little by little incorporate healthily-prepared food into our menu, we will begin to realize that there is a wealth of simple, easy-to-do, and clean recipes available. This Non-Spicy Kid-Friendly Salsa Recipe is one of them!
Most kids are turned-off by spicy food and that’s why this recipe doesn’t have that. Another concern of kids with salsa is the perception that a blend of veggies is not yummy. Not again! This recipe is a mix of all-natural ingredients with a wholesome flavor! But if your kid likes a little bit of heat, a pinch of chili powder will work!
Non-Spicy Kid-Friendly Salsa
- 4-5 Roma tomatoes roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons green bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion diced (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- salt as needed to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until you get the desired consistency. For a finer salsa, process more (around 10 pulses). Otherwise, pulse less or just mince the ingredients and mix.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least an hour before serving.
- Feel free to add chili powder for some heat.
Have you tried this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.