Summer squashes are great for savory dishes. But, did you know they can make a lovely weight loss smoothie too?
This Peach and Summer Squash Smoothie Recipe is the proof!
It’s bright, sweet, and light! Yet, it’s packed with nutrients and flavor that are not just irresistible but also refreshing – perfect for those hot summer days!
For under 250 calories, you’ll get 35 grams of protein and a gram of fiber, along with moderate amounts of potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron, among the others.
And while this version still has 6 grams of sugar, it’s mostly fructose that naturally comes from the peaches. Thus, this recipe is best to be consumed 1 to 2 hours before a circuit training or a long cardio workout. Oh, you’ll be surprised how much energy and endurance you’ve got by then.
The best part is, you can make two servings in 10 minutes! Ready to blend? Let’s get onto it!
Peach and Summer Squash Smoothie [Protein Shake Recipe for Weight Loss]
- ¼ cup frozen peaches
- ¼ cup summer squash chopped
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 scoops whey protein powder
- Orange segments as needed for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and give it a good swirl so that the protein powder is covered in liquid and won’t be flying everywhere.
- Blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl or glass and garnish with orange segments.
- Serve and enjoy!
- For the vegan/vegetarian version, replace protein powder with a vegan one and replace the Greek yogurt with an equal amount of unsweetened almond milk.
Love this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below! Talk to you soon!