Looking for a bright, flavorful, and weight-loss friendly smoothie? This Raspberry and Beet Smoothie Recipe has got it all covered for you!
Raspberries are loaded in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that not only help us prevent illnesses like obesity, diabetes, arthritis, and cancer but also helps us curb our sweet cravings while providing anti-aging effects. No wonder that these berries are also the top choice of doctors and nutritionists, including dieticians who are creating a healthy weight loss meal plan.
Likewise, beetroots or simply beets, are also low in calories and high in water content. Despite this, they’re loaded with essential nutrients such as fiber, folate, potassium, manganese, vitamin C, and iron, along with a small amount of protein. Beets also tend to boost our performance when we exercise, as it improves the blood and oxygen flow to tired muscles, thereby increasing our endurance.
Thus, these two main ingredients help to lose fat and weight. We added some unsweetened almond milk and pecans for added texture and flavor.
So, without further ado, here’s a healthy weight loss recipe that you and your family will surely love.
Raspberry and Beet Smoothie [Protein Shake Recipe for Weight Loss]
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup beets peeled, cooked, cubed
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon pecans
- 2 scoops strawberry protein powder
- Fresh raspberries sliced, for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and give it a good swirl so that the protein powder is covered in liquid and won’t be flying everywhere.
- Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass. Garnish with fresh raspberry slices.
- Serve and enjoy!
- For the vegan/vegetarian version, replace protein powder with a vegan one.
Love this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below! Talk to you soon!