An easy recipe for lasagna from my wonderfully wilily wife. It's so easy that lasagna traditionalist might accuse it of being sacrilegiously too easy to be this good.
Servings 8 servings
- 1/2 lbs mild Italian sausage bulk from the counter
- 1 1/2 jars Spaghetti Sauce roasted tomato from 365 Brand
- 1 package lasagna noodles We prefer this gluten-free pasta option.
- 16 oz small curd cottage cheese Typically, this is 1 container
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Completely brown bulk mild Italian sausage.
- Once sausage is browned, add 1.5 jars of spaghetti sauce (the remaining 1/2 jar is now just bonus for some other meal. If you use the 2 full jars then the lasagna will be a little swimy). We prefer using a combo of 1 partial jar of tomato basil and 1 partial jar of roasted garlic. Cook the sauce until some of the liquid has been removed.
- In a separate bowl, mix the curd cottage cheese OR ricotta cheese (I prefer cottage), mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, Italian spices until it looks right to taste (who measures, anyway?)
- In a glass (preferred) or metal pan, layer 1 cup of the meat sauce on the bottom, then 3 lasagna pastas, then cheese mix. Then more meat sauce to cover those layers, then pasta again, then cheese mix again. Final layer is the remaining meat sauce. (see pictures)
- Top with another cup of mozzarella. Then add a little bit more because cheese is good. And then some more because you really like cheese.
- Insert 6 toothpicks symmetrically, 3 per side, alongside the middle pasta row. Symmetry makes me happy.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes but then make it an hour because you want to make sure it’s really done. You’re kind of uptight that way.
- Remove foil. Cool a bit. Protect your taste buds. Try some a little too soon, then wait because it burned, then eat the rest.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 658mg | Potassium: 285mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 247mg | Iron: 1mg