Enrich the nutrients content of your protein shakes with this Spinach Flax Protein Shake Recipe!
Indeed, green protein shakes are known to provide an incredible source of nutrition and weight management properties. Perhaps, they’re most ordered smoothie or juice when it comes to weight loss. While they’re amazing and helpful, this version is higher in protein, vitamins, and minerals. On top of that, it doesn’t have added sugar and saturated fat.
Don’t get me wrong though, this recipe is still sweet and full of flavors. But, its sweetness comes naturally from the mangoes and pineapples. When these fruits are mixed with the base ingredient spinach, it creates a nutrient powerhouse and the beverage becomes an extremely solid source of vitamin A, providing you with a third of your total daily requirement, along with vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, calcium, and iron. Top that with your favorite protein powder, chia, and flax seeds, and you’ll have the perfect fiber-enriched protein shake in 10 minutes or less.
Spinach Flax Protein Shake [Protein Shake Recipe for Weight Loss]
- 1 cup spinach washed, pat-dried
- ¼ piece of a whole mango skin removed, chopped
- ¼ piece of a whole pineapple skin removed, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon flax seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ cup iced cubes
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and give it a good swirl so that the protein powder is covered in liquid and won’t be flying everywhere.
- Blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy!
- For a creamier version, replace cold water with an equal amount of unsweetened almond milk.
- For the vegan/vegetarian version, replace protein powder with a vegan one.
Love this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below! Talk to you soon!