Thai Sweet Chili Salmon Bowls
Salmon + Sweet Chili Sauce = Happy. Gluten-free, Nut-Free, Dairy-Free, Keto, Paleo, and Whole30 options.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 red bell peppers sliced
- 2 green bell peppers sliced
- 2 large carrots cut into very thin strips
- 1/2 red cabbage sliced very thin
- 2 cups cooked brown rice quinoa or cauliflower rice
- 1 cup edamame shelled (optional)
- 4 green onions sliced
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped; can sub parsley
- 1 lime cut into wedges or slices
- Coconut amminos drizzle on
- 4 salmon fillets ~5 oz each
- 2 Tbsps melted clarified butter or Ghee
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsps chili flakes Warning: can be spicy!
Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Sweet Red Chili Sauce or, to taste; gluten-free options exist.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Place rice or substitute in rice cooker and start.
- In bowl, whisk melted butter, honey, salt, and chili flakes.
- In baking tray with parchment paper, place salmon fillets, leaving space between.
- Brush the salmon with your chili butter mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add in carrots, bell peppers, red cabbage and edamame.
- Season with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and saute for about 6-8 minutes, until the veggies are still crisp, but beginning to soften to your liking.
- Add salmon and garnish with sesame seeds, sliced green onions, fresh chopped cilantro/parsley, lime wedges, and coconut aminos if desired.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Calories: 646kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 461mg | Potassium: 1789mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 8968IU | Vitamin C: 195mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 5mg