We have a lot of juices that are focused on cleansing your liver, but The Heart Beet Recipe is a magic blend that’s focused entirely on your cardiovascular system, especially on your heart. The carrots that are featured here serve the exact same purpose – helping you lower your cholesterol levels and reducing any risk of heart ailments.
Lemon juice is likewise an excellent ingredient to help clean your digestive tract, thereby allowing you to process and metabolize your food at a greater speed. On another note, the use of apples in this recipe helps those who suffer from constipation and the occasional bloating feeling.
The overall blend is extremely rich in vitamins A and C, which helps improve fat oxidation, specifically in your midsection.
Thus, if you’re looking for a weight loss beverage that also works best for the heart, this recipe is all you need.
The Heart Beet
- 2 ea oranges peeled and chopped
- 1 ea medium-sized apple cored and chopped
- 1 ea beetroot peeled and chopped
- 12 ea medium-sized carrots peeled and chopped
- 1/2 ea lemon
- Wash and clean the vegetables and fruits in running water before slicing them into smaller pieces.
- Process all the ingredients in the juicer, a few at a time, until the mixture is homogenous.
- Pour it over a glass filled with ice and serve. Or, chill for later use. Enjoy!
- Pressed juices are best enjoyed cold or chilled. Thus, you may do this ahead of time, keep them in a glass container or jar with a tight-fitting lid, and store it in the fridge, where it can last for up to 3 days. Otherwise, you can pour it over a glass filled with ice and drink immediately.
- While it’s okay to juice beets with their skin on, especially since most high-powered juicers can process them, it can give a dirt-like, earthy taste that’s quite unpalatable. Especially, if you’re starting out on a juice diet. Beets are hard to manually peel though, but it’s totally worth the taste when they’re processed skin-off.
- This recipe calls for a juicer. But, if you don’t have one, you may use the blender instead. All you’ve got to do is chop the ingredients smaller and pulse them in the blender. However, you will probably want to strain the mixture before drinking to make the texture smoother and more pleasant. Here is a video showing you how to strain the blend. You will need a strainer like this one and a mesh bag like this one.
Did you try this recipe? Share with us your thoughts in the comment section down below!