This Vegan Banana Ice Cream Recipe is another unbelievable healthy ice cream! Another proof that banana ice cream is so versatile that you can add and mix whatever you desire. To put it simply, it’s never boring.
This recipe is especially exciting for peanut brittle lovers. You can ditch the sugary and not-so-fresh, store-bought peanut brittle. Not to mention that sometimes they tend to be so hard because it’s been stored for too long.
Certainly, you can easily make your own peanut brittle with a healthy choice of peanuts, pure maple syrup, and some fine sea salt. Combine these simple ingredients and then bake them. Afterward, break them apart according to your preferred bite-size pieces and then generously sprinkle them over your vegan banana ice cream and you’ll have a crunchy, cold, and creamy dessert with a truly wonderful experience.
It only takes about 20 minutes to whip this up. We’d also like to think that this is a dessert for most seasons. It’s winter cold, a certified summer treat (including the tropical banana) and with maple syrup, it’s perfect for autumn. And there’s no excuse not to have this in spring too.
You can make this creamy dessert further with the addition of fruits like frozen or fresh berries, dried fruits, and other nuts like walnut, almond, and more.
Likewise, this is the dessert to share with everyone because it caters to most dietary preferences. Enjoy!
Vegan Banana Ice Cream
Banana Ice Cream:
- 4 ripe bananas sliced and frozen
- ½ cup peanuts shelled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- fine sea salt to taste
- If your bananas aren’t frozen yet, slice them into ½ inch-thick discs and freeze.
- Make the peanut brittle. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Then, prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the chopped peanuts in the center of the baking sheet, pour maple syrup, and mix them together. Season with salt and gently spread the mixture evenly, in a single layer, on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down and crisp up.
- To serve, place the frozen banana slices in a food processor and blend until smooth (roughly about 5 minutes). Transfer to a serving plate or cup and top with peanut brittle.
- Feel free to add more vegan toppings such as frozen or fresh berries, dried fruits, nuts, and more.
Did you make this recipe? Share with us your experience in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you!