This pizza proves that healthy doesn’t have to be boring!
Just about everybody I’ve ever met loves the flavor of pizza, but many are less enthralled with how they feel after eating it.
I used to feel bloated and my stomach used to hurt, so that’s when I decided to develop my own pizza recipes. While I have multiple food sensitivities and you might not, you can modify this vegan gluten free pizza recipe to your preferences.
You might be wondering how a vegan gluten free pizza might taste, but you will just have to trust me until you taste it yourself. You won’t miss what it does not have! And, you’ll thank me for how much better you feel than how you normally feel.
This vegan gluten free pizza is satisfying and filling enough to have for lunch or dinner. You can also get super creative with your pizza!
Vegan Gluten-Free Pizza
- Pizza crust (instructions below)
- 1 julienned red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for brushing dough
- 3 cups spinach packed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup pizza sauce of your choice
- 6 canned artichoke
- 4 large leaves basil
- 1 cup vegan parmesan cheese You can also eliminate all the cheese and drizzle on more olive oil. Sometimes I add pesto.
- 1 tsp fresh basil or parsley or oregano
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 8 tbsp water
- t tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 500° F.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Sautee mushrooms, chickpeas, spinach, garlic and kosher salt.
- Add artichokes and red pepper to the pan.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the base of your dough.
- Layer the vegetables over the base and top.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley, oregano or basil.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line your baking tray.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the following ingredients: apple cider vinegar, olive oil and vinegar. Mix it together and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot starch, potato starch, garlic powder, baking soda, salt flaxseed meal and oregano. Mix these ingredients together carefully until all of it is well combined.
- Now, mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix it well until it starts to form a dough. If your mixture is too wet, add more flour and if it's too dry add a little more water.
- Shape your dough into a circle or square, which ever you prefer. You should also use a rolling pin to flatten it out. You can also make it as thick as you want.
- Place into your prepared oven tray and bake for approximately 10 minutes.