Tommy's Turkey Taco Bowls
Tommy's turkey taco bowls with corn, pico de gallo and brown rice are simple, but filling. Gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, keto, palleo, and Whole30 options.
Servings 4 servings
- 3/4 cup brown rice substitute quinoa or cauliflower rice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 lime zested
- 3/4 lb lean ground turkey can substitute beef or chicken
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz corn drained; try diced broccoli if you want a substitute
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh black pepper ~15 cranks
Cook brown rice, quinoa, or [for low-carb option] cauliflower rice according to directions. Add lime for zest. Allow to cool slightly before portioning out.
Cook ground turkey over medium heat, breaking it up with a spatula, until no longer pink (approx 10 minutes).
Add seasonings and water to meat, then stir and simmer for a couple of minutes, until sauce has thickened.
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before portioning out.
Combine all salsa ingredients and toss together.
To assemble lunch bowls, divide ingredients evenly between four 2-cup capacity meal prep containers.
- If you plan to warm these bowls up before serving, you may want to store the pico de gallo separate until after warming the rest of the ingredients up.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 620mg | Potassium: 891mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1847IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 4mg