Orange Protein Smoothie [Protein Shake Recipe for Weight Loss]
A sweet, rich, and creamy beverage that’s oh so refreshing and can be enjoyed at any time of the day – breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even dessert! With its high protein content, it can also be a good pre or post-workout meal replacement.
Servings 2 servings
- 1 ea orange
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 scoops strawberry or vanilla protein powder
- You may add a tablespoon of chia or flaxseeds to amp up some fiber.
- If your fruits are frozen, reduce the number of ice cubes. If it’s still too thick, you may add up some water or a little bit more milk.
- For the vegan/vegetarian version, replace protein powder with a vegan one.
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 628mg | Potassium: 342mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 147IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 403mg | Iron: 1mg