Lemon Parsley Grilled Zucchini
This paleo-friendly and Whole 30 compliant recipe features an umami taste that pairs well with any savory specialties, making it the perfect side dish to any grilled, roasted, or broiled meats. Vegan or vegetarian? No problem! It’s the perfect source of umami or meaty flavor without actual meat. Totally versatile and guilt-free!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound zucchini washed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
Preheat the grill to medium-low heat.
Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients in a non-reactive shallow dish or ziplock bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
Grill the zucchini slices in a single layer for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until tender.
Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe makes a great side dish or accompaniment to lean animal proteins.
If you’re vegetarian or vegan, it also makes the perfect source of umami or meaty flavor, without actual meat.
- The use of a non-reactive container is also important as the marinade is quite acidic. Otherwise, your dish may taste metallic.
Calories: 54kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 305mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 227IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg